A successful start of &INNOVATE
Updated: Jan 20
(English translation of the article ‘Succesvolle start van &INNOVATE’, which was published in the November 2020 edition of BioTechNEWS & LifeSciences)
A successful start for &INNOVATE, which focuses on business development, strategy formulation, and innovation management.
December 1st, 2020 marks the first year of &INNOVATE. &INNOVATE supports businesses and investment firms that are active in Pharma, Drug Development, Consumer Health, MedTech, and Healthcare Informatics.
&INNOVATE focuses on:
· Innovation strategy and innovation management
· Business strategy
· International business development & licensing
· Partnership & fundraising
· Interim management
· Executive training & executive coaching
Project examples are:
· Leading corporate development for the accelerated development of a game-changer in viral detection. An IVD-player had an R&D concept on its long-term innovation roadmap. &INNOVATE translated this R&D-concept into a strategy to realize this innovation moonshot as soon as possible. The potential of this viral detection technology is promising. The technology could contribute significantly to containing viral outbreaks, such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
· Interim business development at a private equity portfolio company, which develops, manufactures, and sells medical devices. &INNOVATE realizes commercial expansion through the introduction of new business models, securing partnerships deals, and the setup of a new sales channel.
· Business development and fundraising, to develop a game-changing innovation in neuromodulation. Forming a Joint Venture between an American company and a NewCo with IP from a Dutch university.
· Offering corporate strategy advice to an Italian business regarding its innovation roadmap for Intra Operative Radiation Therapy.
· Technology transfer of AI algorithms for applications in oncology. The AI algorithms will be developed based on the database of a cancer registration institute.
Joris Bokkes is the founder of &INNOVATE. He is an innovation and business expert with over 10 years of international experience, helping start-ups, established SME companies, and large corporates in the Life Sciences & HealthTech industries. Joris also works at the Holland US Bridge, where he supports promising Life Science start-ups with, for example, obtaining financing from US-based investors.
Within the projects of &INNOVATE, Joris takes on various roles, varying from strategy consultant and business development manager, to interim executive and innovation manager. He manages multidisciplinary project teams, consisting of employees of the client organization, people within the network of &INNOVATE, and/or external experts.
If desired, the client organization is introduced to relevant investment firms and companies within the network of &INNOVATE.
For more information, please visit www.andinnovate.nl